Sunday, March 30, 2008

Itty Bitty Kitty Committee: Iowa Chapter

wendy's foster babe
"Howdy" says the tiny orange guy. Of course this kitten is waving, he's from Iowa. And everyone waves in Iowa.

This little fellow, along with his four siblings, were discovered on the playground of an elementary school in Mt Vernon, Iowa. Wendy, my huge-hearted, animal loving, cousin teaches there, so of course she took them in.

She and her husband Jeremy have been giving them round-the-clock love and care since they brought them home last Wednesday. Wendy is in charge of feeding them. Jeremy is in charge of getting them to go to the bathroom. Both tasks are equally challenging.

It sounds like everyone is doing great. Their eyes have opened, their ears are popping up, and they are getting spunkier by the day. You read about all the babies here on Wendy's blog.

Wendy is one of those people who always seems to find animals. Or maybe they find her. I think this must be genetic because her mom, my Aunt Sue, is exactly the same way. Here are a couple of Sue's recent acquisitions, the very handsome Oliver and Otis. I could be wrong, but I think our dear little Cornelius might of inspired her to take in two black kitties, I know she was particularly smitten with him.
oliver and otis

This is the first litter of foster babies for Wendy and Jeremy, so I am sure it's a little stressful. Please direct your good kitty lovin' vibes towards Iowa. They have their hands full and would certainly appreciate your support! Be sure to stop by her blog for updates on the Iowa Chapter of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee.

18 comments:

  1. Can it get any better!? There's some Asian good luck symbolism to the kitty with the raised paw thing. I'll try to look it up. I'm so glad we have another chapter to share the LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are adorable! Since her blog doesn't allow anon comments, I couldn't comment there, but please let her know there's kitty love coming from Indiana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy orange guy! I'm in love with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never met an orange kitty I didn't love! Very, very handsome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following up, it's the Beckoning Cat, or the manekineko as he is called in Japan. Google for more of the legend. If I were a school child, my suggestion for a name for this baby would be Kineko from the last syllables of the Japanese beckoning cat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neko is the Japanese word for cat, in case you were wondering! But in any language, those Iowa IBK are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! I'm in Iowa! Now I can swoop in on local kitties! Horray!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Otis and Oliver are too cute.. just like cornelius!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ditto on the orange cat love! every one I have ever met is friendly to strangers :-)

    the kitty that owned me before Sam was a huge orange tom cat... very protective of me & my grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ditto what viabloomington wrote. You know I've never held a kitten that young before??? That tinytude is just so dang adorable! They're like all poofy and disoriented...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ditto on the kitten love! I ran straight over there when I saw this post, and melted at the info. I wish I could see the pictures, now...

    I couldn't say this over there, because no anonymous comments, but I'm another one who's charmed. I love calicos and little grey tabbies! And orange tabbies, and black and white fuzzies, and... ah heck. :) Those Iowa IBKs have a fan in Wisconsin now, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cousin is a great person for taking in these little darlings, bless her!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, what wonderful kittens! Being kind to the littlest ones must run in your family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was unsuccessful registering to comment on Wendy's blog so: Wendy, when I had four identical motherless newborn kittens I marked their heads with different colored markers and kept a corresponding chart so I'd know who'd been fed, how much, and if there had been pee & poop success. You've got to love the warm wet cotton ball for that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey everybody - thanks for all the love and great name suggestions. We are having a great time with these little bitty babies! We appreciate all the comments and support. You know it takes a village to raise a batch of itty bitty kitties!!!! I changed my blog so all can now feel free to comment- sorry about that!!!! Lots of Love from Iowa straight to Tacoma!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is true, we love kitties in Iowa!! What a surprise to see our sweeties on your blog.
    Aunt Sue

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is great to see that pet-loving big hearts are not linked to geographic location...

    I look forward to the IBK updates so much...I am happy to report that both my girls are very secure in my love and tolerate my awwwws with great aplomb.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't had the pleasure of kitties THAT itty bitty either; thank heavens for Wendy and of course IBKC for at least visual snorgles. I love my precious bigkitties though; they're the recipients of all the *awwwww* I build up here!

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin